Responsibility: The Youth Pastor is responsible for developing and implementing programs for the youth (grades 7-12) that promote community, spiritual growth and Christian discipleship.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- preparing and delivering Sunday sermons
- preparing and leading Sunday Bible studies
- planning and carrying out monthly fellowship activities
- planning and leading yearly youth retreats
- creating and managing the youth group budget
- communicating with students and parents via email and phone as necessary
- advising and working with youth group teachers
- attending monthly church council meetings
Time Commitment: Approximately 10-11 hours / week
- College degree required. Candidates with or currently pursuing a seminary degree preferred.
- Candidate should have a high level of energy, who can effectively communicate with youth
- Some familiarity with Korean-American culture preferred. The youth group members themselves are either from Morningside UMC or our sister church KMC&I (Korean Methodist Church & Institute).
- $10,000 / year
- 2 weeks vacation/year (as per vacation policy), transportation stipend possible for candidate living outside NYC
Start Date: Flexible
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
We will only respond to those candidates we wish to interview.